Announcing Giles Academy’s New eBook Library!
Click Logo to Access eBook Library
We hope that KS3 students will enjoy having access to this great resource and will keep reading regularly during the lockdown.
The setup is simple to complete. Through ePlatform you are able to browse for, borrow and read eBooks anywhere, anytime, on multiple devices.
Key points for students:
- To login you need your usual school login and password
- You access the e-books via the link https://gilesacademy.eplatform.co/
- You can download the free App to your phone or log in on a pc / tablet / laptop, as per the instructions you have been sent via SMHW. Please check with a parent/carer first of all. Instructions are here as well: https://gilesacademy.eplatform.co/help
- You can borrow up to two books at a time which are automatically returned after a fortnight, so you don’t need to worry about losing any books!
- If you return the books before that time, you can borrow again.
Notes for parents:
What will students need to be able to borrow eBooks?
- Internet access
- A compatible device to read an eBook on, (a computer, tablet or smartphone), with a modern web browser, (eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari etc.)
How do you check the books are suitable?
- We have set age restrictions on the books, as we do in the main school library
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries regarding this exciting new e-library!
How to download the app https://gilesacademy.eplatform.co/help
Top tips for getting started video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xgek4lLf4g&list=PLYC0gcYvjNDcEE_CVAOjM4W2BivIUzJqy
Display and dyslexia settings video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD3B__-M3EI&list=PLYC0gcYvjNDcEE_CVAOjM4W2BivIUzJqy&index=3