‘Voice It’ introduces rewarding and exciting music related careers
'Voice It' introduces rewarding and exciting music related careers
To help immerse our students into the world of music and discover the rewarding careers available in this exciting industry, we took 28 students from Years 7 to 9 to Lincolnshire Showground to experience ‘Voice It’.
The students who attended had either shown a commitment to music, through either having music lessons, or have worked exceptionally well and shown an interest in the subject.
‘Voice It’ is an established music industry event organised by the Lincolnshire Music Service to introduce music related careers to Key Stage 3 students. The event featured industry experts from various genres who delivered interactive sessions on topics such as songwriting, beatboxing and event management.
Our students even got the opportunity to showcase their talents by participating in the performances!
The educational workshops at the event were delivered by:
- Mark De-Lisser: One of the most sought after music professionals within the industry
- ACM Gospel Choir: A group of the finest singers in the UK today
- Hayley Sanderson and her band: A singer and songwriter who is one of lead vocalists from ‘Strictly Come Dancing’
- Xidus Pain: An award-winning music practitioner, rap artist and a hip hop educator
- Simon Hollingworth: A freelance producer based in Lincolnshire working across the arts sector for more than 30 years
- Noise Academy: Making music technology more accessible to young people
- Elliott Morris: An English singer-songwriter and guitarist, active in the UK folk and pop music scenes